Where In The World is shiftyjelly
Things are eerily quiet in the shiftyjelly Offices, which may lead you to think that we’re all sleeping on the job. The truth is that we are working harder than ever on some of the biggest updates that the Pocket Weather world has ever seen! So what’s coming?
Pocket Weather AU 2.0
We haven’t forgotten our Australian app, instead it’s getting the biggest update it’s ever seen, here are just some of the things that are included:
- New Terry Hills radar, and a framework to add new radars on the fly without updating the app.
- New radar functionality that we’re keeping mum on.
- Some 3.0 features that will blow your socks off (and maybe even make your head explode!) Again we’re keeping mum on exactly what’s involved.
- Real-time UV updates, handy for summer so you can see exactly when you’re mostly like to turn into crispy bacon…mmmm bacon…
- New options including disabling rotation, and more control of when the app auto-loads.
- A lot of code re-writing and optimising, making for the smoothest, slickest and most complete version yet!
Pocket Weather World with Push 1.1
Our newest app, and the one we’re still exciting about updating
- Support for weather warnings, and push notifications on those warnings.
- Support for animated radars
The obvious question is when are these coming out? And the answer is simple: ‘When they’re done’. We are talking about weeks, not months, but we will take as long as we need to, because we want to release updates oozing with quality, instead of jumping the gun and getting shot in the back.