Pocket Weather 2.0 Part 2
Yesterday we covered the new radar functionality that is coming in Pocket Weather 2.0, today we want to talk about adding locations. Adding locations in Pocket Weather has always been a breeze, but only to those familiar with the BOM information itself. In version 2.0 we’re making it easy for the non-BOM boffins among you to add locations as well. So here’s the summary:
- Totally revamped add location interface, showing information like what observations a given station supports and doesn’t support (eg: wind, current temp, real-time UV, etc)
- Find nearest location function revised to give you the 20 closest locations and letting you choose the best. It’s now faster as well, because it no longer has to contact our server.
- Pick locations from a map. For those of you out there that are more spatially minded.
- Pick from just the capital cities (for the city slickers out there)
- Ability to give your locations custom names, so you could have ‘Home’ instead of ‘Adelaide Airport’
- Of course you can still see all the locations in a given state, so don’t worry BOM boffins, that function is still there 🙂
- Location information is now cached on your device, so it’s a lot more data cap friendly
Well that’s it for todays update, tomorrow we are going to talk about some firmware 3.0 goodness that we’ve built into Pocket Weather, and we know that you’ll really love.