Pocket Weather Australia v3.1 – We’re Just Getting Started
We’re proud to announce the release of Pocket Weather Australia v3.1 for iPad and iPhone today. Here’s just a taste of what’s in the new version:
- Night time icons! We swear some of you are vampires, afraid of the sun in the night sky, so we’ve fixed that.
- Performance tweaks. Men are generally obsessed with performance of all sorts, and man oh man have we worked hard on tweaking ours. We also improved it in Pocket Weather.
- Radar fixes, lots of them.
- Rain predictions! We’re just beginning our journey into the prediction path but if you live in NSW, VIC, SA or TAS enjoy knowing when it’s going to rain, 7 days in advance!
- iPad now shows sunrise and sunset as well as the recorded overnight low and actual high.
- New setting on iPhone: open to top location.
- 300 other bug fixes, yes, this is SPARTA!
- 250 visual tweaks. For the Where’s Wally lovers in our audience, feel free to look for them
So what’s next? Well we’re already hard at work on version 3.2 which among other things might support a certain device Apple is rumoured to be releasing at about 3am tomorrow morning 🙂
We’re also eagerly waiting on the Bureau of Meteorology to release their new data into WA, QLD and the NT so we can show you all what you’ve been missing. We’ve heard rumours that this rollout starts in October. So as we say here in Shifty Jelly land “Enjoy the ride, there’s a lot more to come”.