Pocket Casts 5 for iOS, Bigger than the Biggest
After many months of hard work, we’re proud to introduce you to Pocket Casts, version 5. We’ve packed a lot of features and goodness into every free update we’ve released since version 1, and this one is certainly no exception. It all starts with the refreshed interface that supports the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. We’ve made a lot of small tweaks to screens and some huge changes to others. We’ve also incorporated a lot of your feedback into this version as well, a few of the highlights include:
- Handoff support. For those of you that use our new web player (play.pocketcasts.com) you can now tap one button on your Mac, and it will open the same episode in the web player, auto-loaded to where you’re currently up to. I used it just this morning to finish an episode of Serial. I sat down at my desk at work, opened the app, clicked the little Safari icon in my dock…and BOOM. I continued right on!
- Actionable notifications. You can now add to Up Next and download directly from a notification, without having to open the app.
- The sleep timer now remembers the last time you chose, and auto-selects that when you tap it. it’s also more configurable than ever before.
- You can now mark as played, straight from the Up Next list, when you do, the next item in the list will automatically start playing.
- It’s now far easy to work with your Up Next list, tapping play on an episode somewhere else, now adds it there, and pushes all your other episodes down by one.
- Skipping is easier than ever before, just double tap with two fingers anywhere on the now playing screen.
- Per podcast notification settings, you can now choose to receive notifications for only the podcasts you care the most about.
- Auto download all new episodes, a huge boon for episodes released in multiple parts..
- We fixed a lot of other small bugs. All in all this is the biggest update we’ve done since we completely rebooted Pocket Casts last year with version 4.