Update ALL The Pocket Casts
We’ve been hard at work on some new features for Pocket Casts and also some refinements. Today we’re excited to share some of these with you! Shipping today Pocket Casts 6.2 for iOS and Pocket Casts 6.0 for Android. The stand out feature in both is a new Shared Lists feature. We all love collecting our own personal podcasts and curating them. Adding new ones as we find them, evicting old ones as they are retired or we grow out of them. Pocket Casts has always supported sharing these with other people. Wouldn’t it be cool though if you could share more than one? Well starting today you can!
Start by tapping the button in the top right of your podcast grid, and choose to share your podcast list. You then pick the podcasts you want in that list and give your list a title and optionally a description. Once you’re happy, you can share this on whatever your social platform of choice is. Mine is MySpace, because you can’t beat that old school Timberlake vibe.
What do these lists look like? Well here’s a few we’ve made as an example:
- My Entire Collection
- Interesting Story Telling Podcasts
- Chris’s Design Podcasts
- Phil’s Australian Podcasts
That’s not all that’s new in these updates though. On the Android side we have:
- Nougat support. This includes quick shortcuts on our launcher icon as well as split-screen support if you want to use two apps at once.
- We’ve implemented one of your most requested features: you can now use Audio Effects when streaming. So if you love our Remove Silence feature but haven’t planned ahead and downloaded an episode, or if it’s too soft and you want to Volume Boost it, we have you covered.
- Refined Now Playing screen.
- Accessibility improvements.
- We also spent a lot of time fixing bugs. Playback bugs. Sleep timer bugs. Chromecast bugs. Soooo many bugs big and small are all now squashed 🙂
On the iOS side:
- Double tap our logo on the main page of the app to quickly change from light -> dark theme. It’s a small thing, but sometimes I’ll sit there tapping it for hours.
- You can now scrub through your podcast from Control Centre (requires iOS 10 or above)
- You can now 3D-Touch links in show notes to get a preview of them
- Enhanced CarPlay support
- All sorts of enhancements and bug fixes. Everything from performance to the fixing the crash reports we’ve received we’ve tightened up every aspect of our iOS app.
We can’t wait to see how you use the new sharing feature and we can’t tell you how happy we are to share some of these new features and bug fixes with you all. Happy podcasting!